Absolution

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~The Official World of Kung Fu Absolution School Forum~

3 posters

APRIL FOOL LEAVE

ladyofspear
    ladyofspear

APRIL FOOL LEAVE Empty APRIL FOOL LEAVE

Post  ladyofspear Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:37 am

April Fool... lady heard there's a virus storm coming on april fool so lady's gonna take leave from wokf for a day till april fool's over... gonna miss u guys... stay safe n have fun Smile
    Tsaiuri
    Tsaiuri

APRIL FOOL LEAVE Empty Re: APRIL FOOL LEAVE

Post  Tsaiuri Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:59 am

The Info i have gathered on this virus thus far;
    Confliker C; Worm-type

Conflicker had a huge hit in '08 and was a very large threat, also on April Fools
    The virus is designed to only work ON the day of April fools, and changing your computers time and date wont stop it from working, it is designed to scan other servers and URL's to get the date and time.

The first Conflikers where desgined with 5,000 or so URL's that it would "Phone Home" to and receive instructions from. Confliker C has over 50,000 URL's, this is too many at too short of a notice. Confliker C was only discovered about 10days or so ago and in that time Trend Micro has found a way to stop it from working. They didnt stop the URL's, thiers simply to many.

On the 1st of April, the virus is designed to phone home and receive instructions. No one knows where its going and what its going to do, chances are its going to be bad though. Its intention is to slow down the internet globally, but dont worry this isnt a doomsday virus.

The main places this virus has been contracted from is MSN, Adult sites and Torrents. If you do have it or get it dont freak, the trend micro spokes person has said it only works for april fools, but what it does is unknown. By using trend micros home call, you can scan your computer and check if you have it. Microsoft is rewarding $367,ooo (US) to whoever knows the identity of the author of Confliker.

It has been known to also affect Macs, and Linux platforms but only if they run certain programs, mainly ones that are from microsoft or windows alike. The virus can also disable your Anti-Virus/anti-spywar/malware protection, so if you find its not updating or opening on start up then use house call from trend micros website. (its free)

Suggestion: Get AVG Free or Trend Micro or Norton. I also recommend having Spyware Doctor. And during the day use trend micros Home call if you think you might have the virus.

Side Note: Norton have released a new version of thier anti-virus, which is designed for gamers, so no nasty pop-ups or major system usage, it uses something like 2MB of your system but still protects, and the adds for the new version are worth you-tubeing. Also Spyware Doctor Just eliminated 448 infections of my sisters computer, that AVG did NOT pick up on, so its well worth it.

Yes can u tell ima comp geek>? LOL

Other than that enjoy gaming Very Happy
    ladyofspear
    ladyofspear

Post  ladyofspear Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:22 am

so much info and thanks alot... guess it's not that scary as i heard... tsai u amused me... so many IT expert in Abs it's cool Smile
    gues i'll be online on April fool lmao Smile we'll see
    MastrZiDai

APRIL FOOL LEAVE Empty gratz to Tsaiuri!!!

Post  MastrZiDai Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:35 am

Sounds like a geek to me. You can also check out French airline about that worm. I've been looking for that worm to see what it really do in my emulator.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content